Director, Product Management
Location(s): Los Angeles
Spotlight Ticket Management is where tickets mean business. An exciting venture-backed start up in Calabasas, Spotlight provides Software as a Service (SaaS) solutions and a mobile app to help companies better understand the ROI of their sports and concert tickets while making it easier to get tickets, buy tickets, sell tickets, and track it all through CRM and Expense Software. Spotlight is growing exponentially, financially backed by sports team owners and VC’s, and looking for aggressive up-and-comers excited to grow with our firm. If you don’t want to be employee #4,692 at boring Inc, come check out our fast-growing and nimble meritocracy.
Spotlight Ticket Management (Spotlight) enables companies to manage their sports and entertainment tickets while measuring the business impact. Spotlight provides real-time access to reports that measure ticket inventory, top users, most invited companies, and ticket utilization. Spotlight partners with Salesforce.com, Concur, Ticketmaster, Tickets.com, StubHub, and over 60 professional teams to bring company tickets to the businessman where they “live,” whether in their inbox, CRM, expensive platform, or mobile device.
The Director of Product is an Executive position responsible for managing the entire product life cycle from strategic planning to tactical activities. The Director will drive a solution set across development teams (primarily Development/Engineering, Marketing, etc) through market requirements. Job responsibilities include:
- Defines product vision, strategy and own the road map to ensure the product supports company goals
- Identify market requirements for current and future products by conducting market research, interacting with customers and internal stakeholders, verify and prioritize business requirements
- Assesses market and customer dynamics and incorporates into offer development. Gather data and study trends.
- Create business cases/use cases for new products or new product features
- Work with technology to create documentation that can be used to scope work and can be used by application developers to build products or implement new features
- Coordinate the design and definition of high-quality, regular product releases including, but not limited to:
- Determining business and product release requirements
- Architect product plans and schedules
- Defining specifications for product features and functionality
- Effectively communicating product requirements and specifications to application development team
- Collaborating with application development teams to develop prototypes of product functionality
- Coordinates beta and pilot testing of new products and features, ensuring customer experience and satisfaction goals are met
- Works with the executive team and marketing on pricing, distribution, promotion, market research, etc. and implements company-wide go-to-market plan with all departments to execute
- Engages with other internal teams (sales, marketing, and executive team) in order to drive business success and optimization
- Serves as the internal and external product expert to support and extend products
- Participates in product performance benchmarking activities
- Provides regular dashboard updates to executive team
- Redesigns products as required to enhance value, improve revenue performance and/or reduce costs
- Develops hands-on, in-depth knowledge of competitive products and keeps up regularly with the latest technologies across all offerings including ticketing, consumer tech, expense platforms, and business productivity tools
- Motivates others to action and provides leadership qualities within the company
- Identifies, monitors and analyzes internal and external performance parameters in order to reposition, modify features and identify new uses for products
- Communicates with Current Analysis customers; identifies key use cases, common challenges, and proposed solutions; and provides validated feedback to the business
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Entrepreneurial drive and demonstrated ability to achieve stretch goals in an innovative and fast paced environment
- Thorough understanding of the product development lifecycle, product design and road-mapping
- Adapt at quickly grasping product concepts with top-tier problem solving skills
- Experience developing high-growth Internet-based products using leading-edge technologies
- Developing new products from conception, alpha, testing and launch
- Thorough understanding of agile software development methodologies, values, and procedures.
- In-depth knowledge of testing practices and techniques
- Ability to prioritize and communicate decisions effectively
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills with a high attention to detail
- 5+ years of demonstrated experience in product management, product planning or product marketing or equivalent for an internet technology company in the business information, syndicated content or a closely related space
- Experience in SaaS and Internet-based products and services. Enterprise SaaS a plus.
- Demonstrated success defining and launching excellent market-driven products that have met or exceeded revenue goals
- Excellent customer/market research and market-testing experience
- Proven ability to collaborate and drive cross-team collaboration, with a diverse group of individuals in a cross functional organization, without formal authority
- BA/BS required (in Technology or a related technical field preferred).
- Familiarity with Overture, Google Analytics, and other web analytics tools
Compensation: Competitive compensation package with aggressive stock incentives. 401k and health benefits.